Saturday, July 20, 2013

July's Product of the Month - Kramer's BBQ Sauce

This is my second time purchasing Kramer's BBQ Sauce, Kramer's, which means my family really likes this sauce.  I would much rather make my own sauces and rubs that purchase them, but this sauce really taste like a good homemade sauce.

Kramer's also sent me some rubs to sample.  I have not had the opportunity to try them yet, but if they are as good as the sauce I can not wait.

First, when you receive the sauce it comes in a beer bottle with a cool looking label with Melvin the Chicken and a cork to reseal the sauce (if there is any left).

To date, we have used Kramer's on ribs, chicken and thick bone-in pork chops.  These three things are the staples around our house when we want something basted with sauce on the grill.  Overall, the sauce has not disappointed.  We have all been impressed.  Sweet with not a lot of heat so the kids enjoy it as well.


The first thing I did before even ordering this sauce was to check out the ingredients.  All of the ingredients wherethe standard items that most people have in the pantry.  There were not any chemicals listed, which is a big plus in my book.

The consistency of the sauce is pretty thin.  For basting I would rather use thicker sauces, but for a thin sauce it has a lot of good flavors.

The sauce is tomato based and has a sweet, peppery flavor.  You can definitely taste the different layers of flavor as you are eating the sauce.  While Kramer's did have a little spice to it there was not much.  I really enjoy spicey sauces, but if it is too spicey I will be eating the meal by myself.  This had a good temperature level for the kids who do not like spicey food at all.

Overall, Kramer's BBQ Sauce added a great flavor to the ribs, chicken and chops.  I would give this sauce 5 stars  and will definitely purchase again.

The only downside to the sauce is also one of the items we liked, the beer bottle.  This sauce is not inexpensive and it goes really quickly.  I hope they sell it in larger sizes very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment