Saturday, July 13, 2013

Barbeque Chicken

Barbeque Chicken, pasta salad and baked beanshas been a traditional Sunday meal in my family for as long as I can remember.

Ingredients:
Enough chicken pieces to feed everyone (thighs are our favorite)
2-3 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue rub (Wild Willy's)
Kramer's BBQ Sauce

At least 2 hours before cooking, dust the chicken with the rub, lay them out in a single layer on a sheet pan, and let them sit uncovered in the fridge. This step seasons the chicken and also helps to dry out the skin a bit to keep it crispy.

Set the BGE up for a raised direct cook at 325°.  Grill the chicken for around 40 minutes, or until the juices run clear, flipping around every 10 minutes.

During the last 10 minutes brush on BBQ Sauce once or twice. 

Other than my homemade sauce Kramer's is becoming our new favorite.  I will go into more detail once we are back from vacation and I have the time.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment